Each day small teams of participants will cycle iteratively through the 4 design-thinking phases listed below:
- Empathize & Reframe Problem
- Ideate & Bundle ideas
- Prototype & Capture Feedback
- Iterate, Implement & Reflect
Building on the previous day’s explorations, participants will progress through an immersive and lively set of exercises.
Who should attend?
- Team members who collaborate deeply with clients, partners and users by applying design-thinking tools;
- Executives, Senior Administrators, Project Managers who are responsible for human-centred research and development, innovation and program/project implementation;
- Public service, private sector and not-for-profit professionals who are already tackling complex human-oriented problems using a design thinking palette;
- Experienced design-thinking evangelists who want to refresh their creative juices and network with others of a similar mind set.
Program Fee: $850. + HST (per person)
Fee includes the full six-module program over three days, all workshop materials, refreshments, and a certificate of completion. Carleton University Alumni are eligible for 10% off the course tuition.
For information on potential funding support options for employers, click here.
Deposits, Cancellations, Replacements and Transfers
If you are unable to attend the program for any reason, a full refund will be issued for written cancellations received a minimum of 21 days before the program start date. Written cancellations received after this date will incur a non-refundable administration charge of $800. Non-attendance or withdrawal after the program start date will incur a full program fee.
How to Register:
In registering for the program, you will be asked to answer the following questions:
- In a recent project where a design thinking approach was applied, describe the initial human-oriented problem/challenge.
- How did you gain empathy for the users/people involved?
- How did those insights influence your problem redefinition?
- How did you move forward with generating ideas and prototyping iteratively?
- Given the outcome, what worked and what could have worked better?
Once your registration is submitted, you will receive a notice with a link to our payment portal.
Did you know that some of the synonyms for intensive are:
rigorous, exhaustive, thorough, comprehensive, dynamic, vibrant, spirited and concentrated?