Born Social is participating in The Global Challenge!

born-social

Born Social has announced its participation in The Global Challenge! 1125@Carleton invites Carleton University students and recent graduates to take part in its newest addition to the program.

The Global Challenge is a partnership with RECODE, the Trico Charitable Foundation, and the Skoll Centre at Said Business School, and will bring together University students from five continents who are competing to demonstrate their deep understanding of a social or environmental issue they are passionate about.

Registrations open until December 20th, 2016!

You can either apply individually, or in a team of up to 3 people. At least one person from each team must meet the eligibility requirements listed below. After registrations close on December 20th, 2016, 1125@Carleton will review all proposals and provide mentorship and workshop activities to support the development of your final submission by February 6th, 2017.

The winning team from Carleton University will be invited to the Canadian national final competition taking place in March in Calgary, and will compete to win a place at the Global Challenge Final at the University of Oxford  and $ 2 500.00 in prize money per team.

Register here!

Eligibility Requirements:

• All participants must be current part-time or full-time Undegraduate, Graduate, or PhD Students at Carleton University, or have graduated from Carleton University within 12 months from date of registration.

More about The Global Challenge

The Global Challenge is a chance for students and recent graduates to learn more about the issues they care about, and to present their findings to a broad audience.

Tackling global challenges with credibility starts with understanding a problem and its wider context – rather than jumping straight into a business plan or an idea for a quick fix. Participants in the Global Challenge are asked to demonstrate a deep understanding of a pressing social or environmental issue by mapping out the landscape of the current solutions and identifying missing opportunities for positive change.

Born Social believes in the ability of our youth to lead a more just and sustainable world by activating leaders with ideas that, from inception, are driven by the impact that they will have on the world.

The Global Challenge is presented in partnership with:

logo18-3_support_tricofoundation-273x300bwuniversity-of-oxfordrecode_circle_solid_underline_yellow-on-black