The Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Women’s & Gender Studies provides candidates with a strong grounding in the discipline. It is intended for:
- Individuals who already have an undergraduate degree from a Canadian University in another discipline and want to supplement their educational background to include a strong grounding in Women’s & Gender Studies. This would include professionals working in settings where a gendered analysis is an important element of their work or those seeking to pursue such occupations.
- People with a degree from outside Canada, whether in gender studies or another discipline, who want a Canadian qualification.
- People with a degree in a discipline other than Women’s & Gender Studies who are seeking to develop sufficient background in Women’s & Gender Studies and, for those whose first language of study is not English, to improve their language skills to a level that would allow them to apply to a graduate program in Women’s & Gender Studies.
The Post-Baccalaureate Diploma provides:
- Eight months (two terms) of intensive training in Feminist Theory and Methods, Intersectional Analysis, and Feminist Activism.
- The opportunity to develop writing skills at the senior academic level.
- An opportunity to do a Practicum placement in an area related to Women’s & Gender Studies.
- English-language training for students who are not fluent in English.
|Departmental Website||Calendar Website|