Please note – the Ontario Global Edge Program will no longer run as of March 2016. Please visit our International Opportunities page to explore other opportunities to go abroad.
The Ontario Global Edge Program is an initiative of the Government of Ontario’s Ministry of Economic Development and Innovation and Carleton University. The Program gives students a firsthand opportunity to learn about entrepreneurship and the role of small and medium-sized businesses in a global economy. Students will receive a $4750.00 bursary for an 8-16 week internship abroad. They may also earn wages from their employer.
Look to apply for the Ontario Global Edge Program in February. The previous application form can be found here.
To be eligible for the Ontario Global Edge program, students must be:
- Between the ages of 19 and 29, and of the age of majority for the country in which their international placement will occur;
- Full-time Carleton University students who are returning to school following their placements;
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents; and
- have a demonstrated interest in entrepreneurship.
Co-op students who will be doing their placement abroad are also eligible to apply.
Students must arrange their own placements which meet the program criteria and can then apply for funding. Placements must be between 8-16 weeks in length.
- Placements are expected to provide exposure to small business in the global economy and to provide an opportunity for participants to build enterprising skills
- Placements may include work in small and medium sized enterprises outside of Canada, boards of trade, economic development agencies and entrepreneurial focused placements within corporations.
- All placements must be outside Canada.
For detailed information on the program, please visit the Ontario Global Edge website.