The main areas of focus for this office are:
- Strategic academic planning
- Providing academic leadership across the university
- new academic program development; ongoing program renewal; and quality assurance
- encouraging and advancing student achievement and success
- teaching and learning excellence
- the recruitment and support of an inspired faculty body
- developing a global academic vision for Carleton’s future
Academic Mission Statement
Carleton University is and will be a university dedicated to excellence in research, graduate and undergraduate education. It is the vision of Carleton University that research and teaching are an indivisible unity of endeavour. Within this unity, our teaching focuses on student success and promotes creative and critical inquiry. Our research constitutes a strong force, expanding human knowledge and understanding and addressing the challenges of our world.
As Canada’s Capital University, Carleton is and will be committed to enhancing and influencing the intellectual, economic, social, and cultural capacity and development of Ottawa and the surrounding regions and communities that it serves in Canada and the world.