About Faculty Affairs
Faculty Affairs is responsible for providing a centralized and comprehensive support centre for our prospective, new, and current faculty, instructors, and librarians as well a full complement of tools and resources for Administrators, Chairs, Directors, and Dean in the areas of: academic recruitment and hiring as well as academic career decisions. Norah Vollmer, Manager, Faculty Affairs working closely with Greg Skazyk, Faculty Systems Functional Analyst, focus on advancing the overall strategic goals of Carleton University through the following key initiatives:
- For academics interested in a career at our University – We invite you to peruse our academic opportunities.
- For new academic staff and their families – We are here to help you make a smooth transition to life at Carleton University and Ottawa! We are happy to answer any questions that you may have, such as those related to: Moving; Housing and Real Estate; Immigration; and many others.
- For academic staff continuing their careers – We offer valuable resources and important information related to your academic career, including: Awards; Confirmation, Tenure and Promotion; Sabbaticals and Other Leaves; Cross Appointments; Retirement and Honorary Ranks; and Immigration.
- For Visiting Academics, Appointees-in-Residence, Adjuncts, and others holding Honorary and Affiliated Ranks – We offer support with: Immigration, Housing and Real Estate, and we are happy to help with other questions that you may have.
- For Chairs, Directors, and Administrators – We provide a full complement of tools, resources, and advice on leadership in the academic context as well as assistance with academic recruitment and appointment and faculty careers.