Thank you to all of those who participated in, volunteered for, and presented at the 2016 Soar! Student Leadership Conference. Check out our Facebook Album to see highlights from the day!
Get ready to SOAR, Carleton!
The Student Leadership Conference (SLC) is a collaborative effort between the Student Experience Office and the Department of Housing and Residence Life Services. Soar took place on Saturday, January 23, 2016!
What is SOAR anyway?
The conference theme – SOAR! focuses on how to help develop delegate’s potential and evolution as a leader. This conference is aimed towards both new student leaders and seasoned student leaders, and is meant to inspire and challenge delegates’ previous notions and theories about leadership.
The Student Leadership Conference provides delegates with many unique opportunities, including:
- The ability for students to challenge themselves in new and meaningful ways outside of the classroom.
- Provide students with different models to become an effective leader, whether they are an introverted or extroverted leader.
- Outlined various foundations and theories about leadership and potential as a leader.
- The ability to enhance students’ personal philosophy of leadership.
- Informative workshops on a variety of trends and topics, delivered by students, staff, faculty and guests.
- The ability to engage with the keynote speaker: Craig Kielburger
- This experience can be added to students’ Co-Curricular Record!
If you would like to get in contact with the SEO about the leadership conference, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org