Get ready to SOAR, Carleton!
The SOAR Student Leadership Conference (SLC) is an annual conference for student leaders at Carleton University. SOAR 2017 will take place on January 21, 2017.
What is SOAR anyway?
The conference theme – SOAR – focusses on helping conference delegates (i.e. student leaders) to consider and answer questions like the following: What is leadership? What do I have to offer as a leader? What can I do to increase my potential and develop further as a leader?
The conference is aimed at both new and seasoned student leaders; it means to inspire and challenge delegates’ previous notions and theories about leadership.
The Student Leadership Conference provides delegates with many unique opportunities. Students who participate in the conference will be able to:
- Challenge themselves in new and meaningful ways outside of the classroom
- Learn about different models of leadership, and different ways to become an effective extroverted or introverted leader
- Understand the foundations of and the theories about leadership
- Enhance their personal philosophy of leadership
- Attend informative and interactive workshops on a variety of trends and topics, delivered by students, staff, faculty, and exciting guests
- Engage with a well-known keynote speaker – to be announced!
- Gain experience that can be added to students’ Co-Curricular Record!
How to register for SOAR
You can register for SOAR at any time! To register for SOAR 2017, click on the link below. The registration fee is $10 per student which includes your lunch, all conference materials and workshops, and the keynote speaker.
SOAR would not be able to happen without the dedication of its many sponsors. SOAR sponsors dedicate time and resources to make the conference an exciting, engaging, and informative experience for student leaders.
Our 2017 partners include:
- Housing and Residence Life Services
- Office of Student Affairs
- Carleton University Alumni Association
Conference Highlights 2016
Last year, the over 450 students that attended the conference had the chance to:
- Attend the keynote lecture by Craig Keilburger, founder of Free the Children and Me to We
- Participate in over 20 education sessions covering a variety of leadership topics
- Attend workshops about leadership skills for personal and professional development
- Hear some of their peers talk about what leadership means to them in a Leadership Blitz (3 minute competition)
Want to see what our students learned last year at SOAR? Check out the album on Facebook here
If you would like to get in contact with the SEO about the leadership conference, please e-mail email@example.com