- When: April 3, 2017
- Time: 5:30 pm — 7:00 pm
- Location: Canadian War Museum
Barney Danson Theatre
1 Vimy Place
- Intended Audience: Anyone
- Cost: Free
- More Information
The global refugee crisis has reached record levels, with more than 20 million people around the world forced to leave their countries. And while the number of refugees continues to grow, international responses have not kept up.
As governments and institutions continue to look for bold new ways to respond to this crisis, the Centre for International Governance Innovation (CIGI), in collaboration with the Journalism program, has asked some of Canada’s top journalists and writers to talk about their experiences and challenges reporting on the refugee crisis around the world.
Policy Options Editor-in-Chief Jennifer Ditchburn will moderate a lively discussion with stories from abroad and at home with:
- Margaret Evans, Europe Correspondent, CBC
- Mark MacKinnon, Senior International Correspondent, Globe and Mail
- Naheed Mustafa, freelance writer, broadcaster and producer; OpenCanada contributor
- Michael Petrou, Journalist, Foreign Policy; OpenCanada contributor
- Michelle Shephard, National Security Reporter, Toronto Star
Please register here for this free event.
Reception to follow the discussion.