Do you like working with people?
Are you concerned about social problems and committed to social justice?
Are you action-oriented and interested in politics and policy?
If you have answered yes to the above questions, then you should consider applying to one of our programs!
Since 1949, the School of Social Work has played a leading role in social work education in Canada. We offer professional degrees at both the undergraduate and graduate level and are committed to building on the long history of our profession.
The School of Social Work is a member of the Canadian Association of Social Work Education (CASWE) and both the BSW and MSW programs are fully accredited by the Board of Accreditation of CASWE.
The Capital Advantage
There are many advantages that come with Carleton’s location in the nation’s capital. As a large urban centre, Ottawa provides many interesting possibilities for field work in diverse settings. Our students have had placements in a variety of organizations including:
- Hospitals and Palliative Care
- Community Health Centres
- Adult Care Facilities
- Women’s Health and Crisis Centres
- Mental Health Services
- Disability Programs and Services
- Family and Children’s Programs and Services including Child Protection
- Immigrant and Settlement Services
- Housing and Homelessness
- Probation, Parole and Prison Services
- Federal Government Departments
- Offices of Federal Members of Parliament
- National Non-Government Organizations (NGOs)
- Social Policy Think Tanks
- National and Local Labour Organizations and Unions