When assessing your financial need, OSAP uses standard criteria, which may not reflect your current circumstances. In this case, you may request a review of your OSAP application.
Types of Reviews
Reviews will only be considered for certain situations, which may include:
- Certain exceptional expenses during your study period
- Your parent’s last reported income has changed substantially or is inaccurate due to a non-recurring expense
- Your income contributions
- You’ve declared bankruptcy
- Outstanding Loan or Grant overpayments
- Expenses related to joint custody arrangements
A review will not be conducted if:
- You’ve received the maximum amount of aid
- Your parent(s) arbitrarily refuse to contribute to education related costs
- You are requesting a review based on your citizenship status
- Your request is submitted after the deadline
The Review Process
To start a review, you will need to sit down with your Financial Aid Administrator to discuss your situation. Appointments for reviews are not needed as we operate on a walk-in basis. We do recommend contacting us first at email@example.com to see if you will need to prepare supporting documentation or complete a form before arriving for your review.
If your request is approved
If your Financial Aid Administrator determines that you are eligible for a review, they will make the necessary adjustments to your application. This may result in your funding being reassessed.
If you request is denied
If your Financial Aid Administrator determines that you are not eligible for a review, you can submit a request for reconsideration to the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities. Your Financial Aid Administrator will help you submit this request.
The deadline to submit a request for a review is 40 days before the end of your study period.