The Sprott Accounting Students’ Association (SASA) will be hosting their annual free tax clinics for Carleton students this March in the University Centre Galleria. The tax clinics will run from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm on the following dates:

March 21

March 23

March 24

Here are some common documents you will want to bring.

  • SIN Card (required to file taxes)
  • T4 slips (if you work)
  • T4A slips
  • T2202 (printed from Carleton Central)
  • Donation receipts
  • Rent receipts
  • Bus passes (print the UPass receipt from Carleton Central)
  • CRA Notice of Assessment (if you filed a return last year)

Why should I file my taxes?

If you unsure of whether you should file your taxes or not, SASA notes that most students are entitled to education credits and usually receive a refund from the government. In addition, filing your taxes can maintain your eligibility for programs such as the GST/HST credit, the Canada child tax benefit and more.

In preparation for filing your taxes, we strongly recommend reading through the Canada Revenue Agency’s student page as well as their information pamphlet, “Students and Income Tax”.