How you apply for summer OSAP funding depends on whether or not you received full-time OSAP funding for the 2016-2017 fall and/or winter terms. If you did receive funding during the current academic year (Fall/Winter 16/17), you can ask to have your existing OSAP application updated to include the summer session through our OSAP Summer Extension Request application on Carleton Central. If you did not receive funding during the current year, you will need to complete a new 2016-17 OSAP application at

OSAP Summer Extension Request

Accessing the OSAP Summer Extension Request is easy!

  1. Log in to Carleton Central
  2. Select Undergraduate Online Application Forms under Awards and Financial Assistance
  3. Select Other Financial Aid Applications and Summer 2017
  4. Select OSAP Summer Extension Request

For full instructions and application deadlines, visit our Summer Study Period Extension page.

Summer OSAP Course Load Requirements

Undergraduate Students

You must register in a minimum of 1.5 credits in your summer study period. (1.0 credit if you are a student with a documented permanent disability.)

Graduate Students

You must register as a full-time graduate student for your summer study period

Part-Time Summer OSAP

If you are not registering in the minimum required course load but are in a degree program, you can apply for Part-Time OSAP for the summer term at