The Sprott Accounting Students’ Association (SASA) will be hosting their annual free tax clinics for Carleton students this week in the University Centre Atrium.

Dates & Times

March 20 – 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.

March 21 – 11:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.

March 23 – 11:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.

March 24 – 11:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.

What do I need to bring?

Here are some common documents you will want to bring.

SIN Card (required to file taxes)
T4 slips (if you work)
T4A slips
T2202 (printed from Carleton Central)
Donation receipts
Rent receipts
Bus passes (print the UPass receipt from Carleton Central)
CRA Notice of Assessment (if you filed a return last year)

Why should I file my taxes?

If you unsure of whether you should file your taxes or not, SASA notes that most students are entitled to education credits and usually receive a refund from the government. In addition, filing your taxes can maintain your eligibility for programs such as the GST/HST credit, the Canada child tax benefit and more.