The Carleton University Board of Governors is now accepting nominations for The Carleton University Board of Governors Award for Outstanding Community Achievement.
This award, valued at $2,000, recognizes the spirit of student volunteerism and substantial community contribution while at Carleton University.
Board of Governors Award
The Board of Governor’s award recognizes voluntary involvement and is intended primarily to honour non-academic work.
Who can be nominated
Nominees/applicants must be successfully pursuing a full-time program of study in a graduating class at Carleton University and be in good academic standing. Preference will be given to all graduate and undergraduate nominees/applicants with an overall CGPA of 7 (B-) or higher.
Who can submit nominations
Individuals may be nominated for this award by:
- A member of the external community;
- A member of the faculty/staff;
- A fellow student;
- The student him/herself.
How to submit a nomination
All nominations/applications can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person to the University Secretariat, Room 607 Robertson Hall.
All nominations/applications must include:
- A statement of no more than 250 words, written by the nominee, describing how their involvement has made a significant difference to social, environmental or philanthropic aspects of the Carleton University community.
- A resume, no longer than 2 pages in length, that is focused specifically on volunteer experience;
- Two letters of reference, one of which should be from a supervisor of one of their volunteer activities;
- The student’s full name, student number, mailing and/or email address, and telephone number.
For more information, including qualification criteria, visit https://carleton.ca/secretariat/boardofgovernors/board-award/
Submissions must be received no later than 4:30 pm on February 19th, 2018.