This news post is more than one year old and has been retained for archive purposes. The information below may no longer be relevant.
The National Student Loan Service Centre has released new and improved Orientation and Repayment webinars, available for students to watch anytime.
If you are receiving student loans from Ontario (OSAP) or from another province or territory (excluding Quebec, Northwest Territories and Nunavut), your funding is issued by the NSLSC.
Follow the links below to learn more!
It’s important to understand your responsibilities when receiving government student loans and grants. The National Student Loan Service Centre encourages students to watch their orientation webinar to learn about the following topics:
- The bigger picture: loans, grants and the National Student Loan Service Centre
- Who should I contact about my loan or grant?
- The 3 stages of your student loan
- What you need to know about repaying your student loan
- “What happens if I don’t repay my loan?”
- Ways of communicating with you
- Registering and using your NSLSC Online Account
- Helpful information while you are in school
The National Student Loan Service Centre also hosts a recorded version of their “Repaying your Government Student Loans” webinar. Watch the NSLSC’s webinar, which will answer common questions about repayment including:
- Who am I paying back?
- What is your non-repayment period?
- Entering repayment
- How can you save money?
- A quick tour of your NSLSC online account
- Avoiding difficulties in repayment
- Part-time students
- Helpful information