The Awards Office will assess continuing students for the renewal of entrance scholarships, general in-course scholarships, and the Deans’ Honour List (DHL) after we receive final grades for the 2019-20 Fall/Winter session.
For most undergraduate students, this assessment will take place in June. Assessment will be done in accordance with the rules and regulations concerning the awarding of Carleton University undergraduate scholarships.
The following general conditions must be met. Students must:
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program;
- Have completed a minimum of four (4.0) credits over the Fall 2019 and Winter 2020 terms;
- Have achieved an annual Grade Point Average of 10.0 or better. The annual GPA is calculated using all Carleton University credits/courses taken over the last 12 months (i.e. Summer 2019, Fall 2019, and Winter 2020 terms); and
- Have not earned a grade of F or UNS.
Flexible Grading Option
Students now have the choice, at their discretion, to convert any or all of their Winter 2020 term grades to the alternative notation of Satisfactory (SAT) and Unsatisfactory (UNS) grades. For scholarship assessment this means:
- Final grades converted to SAT by May 29, 2020 will be used to meet the minimum course load requirement (complete at least 4.0 credits over the Fall and Winter terms).
- Final grades converted to SAT will not be used in the calculation of the annual GPA (Summer 2019, Fall 2019 and Winter 2020 terms).
- A final grade of F or UNS will result in ineligibility to renew an entrance scholarship or to be considered for an in-course scholarship or the Deans’ Honour List.
For an example of how to calculate your annual GPA, please see: How do I calculate my GPA?