The Awards Office will assess continuing students for the renewal of entrance scholarships, general in-course scholarships, and the Deans’ Honour List (DHL) after we receive final grades for the Fall/Winter session.
For most undergraduate students, this assessment will take place in June. Assessment will be done in accordance with the rules and regulations concerning the awarding of Carleton University undergraduate scholarships.
The following general conditions must be met. Students must:
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program;
- Have completed a minimum of four (4.0) credits over the Fall 2021 and Winter 2022 terms;
- Have achieved an annual Grade Point Average of 10.0 or better. The annual GPA is calculated using all Carleton University credits/courses taken over the last 12 months (i.e. Summer 2021, Fall 2021, and Winter 2022 terms); and
- Have not earned a grade of F or UNS.
SAT / UNS Compassionate Grading Option
The Carleton University Senate has approved the use of flexible, compassionate grading options (https://carleton.ca/registrar/sat-request/) for undergraduate students in the Fall 2021 and Winter 2022 terms. For scholarship assessment this means:
- Final grades converted to SAT will be used to meet the minimum course load requirement (complete at least 4.0 credits over the Fall and Winter terms).
- Final grades converted to SAT will not be used in the calculation of the annual GPA (Summer 2021, Fall 2021, Winter 2022).
- A final grade of F or UNS will result in ineligibility to renew an entrance scholarship or to be considered for an in-course scholarship or the Deans’ Honour List.
For an example of how to calculate your annual GPA, please see: How do I calculate my GPA?