The Globe & Mail’s Financial Survival Guide with Rob Carrick & Roma Luciw
November 21, 2017 at 5:30 PM to 7:00 PM
|Location:||482 MacOdrum Library|
The Globe and Mail’s Rob Carrick and Roma Luciw will be on campus on November 21 to speak to students about money management and investing in the future.
Rob Carrick has been writing about personal finance, business, and economics for close to 20 years. He joined The Globe and Mail in late 1996 as an investment reporter and has been personal finance columnist since 1998.
Roma Luciw began her journalism career at the Victoria Times Colonist. She began writing and editing for The Globe and Mail’s website in 2001. In 2009, she became the editor for the Globe Investor personal finance site.
In addition to taking questions from students, topics to be covered include:
- You do have unique financial challenges given the state of the economy
- Why it’s okay that Gen Y will meet life’s milestones later than their parents
- How to navigate the job market once you have graduated
- Paying off your student debt should be your No. 1 priority once you have graduated and started working
- How to get the most out of banking products and protect yourself
In the meantime, you can check out The Globe and Mail’s student money hub, which contains various articles, guides, and tools for Canadian students looking to successfully manage their money.