When assessing your financial need, OSAP uses standard criteria, which may not adequately reflect your current circumstances. In this case, you may request a review of your OSAP application.
The Review Process
- Request a review of your OSAP application through the Awards & Financial Aid Office
- Meet with a Financial Aid Administrator who will determine if a review can be considered. If so, your Financial Aid Administrator will perform a review and make a decision.
If you are unsatisfied by the review decision made by your Financial Aid Administrator, you may submit an appeal to the Ministry.
Types of Reviews/Appeals
Reviews and appeals will only be considered for certain situations, which may include:
- A family breakdown
- Certain exceptional expenses during your study period
- Certain exceptional parental expenses
- Your Income contributions
- Your Asset contribution
- Outstanding Loan or Grant overpayments
- Expenses related to joint custody arrangements
- Your credit history
A review will not be conducted if:
- You have already received the maximum amount of OSAP for the study period
- You are requesting a review based on your citizenship status
- Your request is submitted after the deadline
If you are requesting a review of your OSAP application, you must do so at least 8 weeks before the end of your study period.
For the 2019-20 year, the deadlines to submit a review are listed below:
|March 16||OSAP review and supporting document deadline.
(September—April or January—April study periods)
|March 18|| OSAP review deadline.
(September—April or January—April study periods.)