BGInS awards annually two bursaries, valued at $500 each, for incoming first year BGInS students who have completed an International Certificate Program (ICP) in Canada. The application deadline for the each academic year is the preceding May 1st.
International Certificate Programs have been created in many school boards across Canada. The ICP gives high school students an opportunity to take courses with an international focus, acquire second language skills, and to engage internationally through volunteer activity. These awards have been created in recognition of the shared belief, on the part of both ICP and BGInS, in the value of global and international studies. The awards are meant to encourage ICP graduates to continue learning about the world in which we live through enrolling in BGInS.
- Must be a graduate, or currently enrolled, in a recognized International Certificate Program (ICP) in Canada.
- Applied and been offered admission to the Bachelor of Global and International Studies (BGInS).
- Entering first year of the program and pursuing post-secondary studies for the first time.
- Minimum admission average 80% required.
- Eligible candidates must submit their application no later than two years after completion of high school.