Kaltura automatically creates machine transcription for your video items. Machine transcription is a server trying to interpret your speech. Unless you correct these machine transcriptions they cannot be considered “Closed Captions”. You can access and edit the captions by choosing the + Captions Request option in the video’s actions menu. All machine transcriptions have a turnaround time of approximately 5x media length.
- On your My Media page, click on the item you want to edit.
- On the item’s page, choose the + Captions Request option from the Actions menu.
- When the captions table appears, click the link Refresh list: CLICK HERE to see all Caption Requests for this media.
- Click Edit in the right-most column to edit the desired captions.
- A new window will open. Click the caption you wish to edit in the navigation bar on the left and make edits to the caption in the text field in the centre of the page. Click Save. When you are finished making edits to all the captions you need, click Approve.
Please watch this video for more instructions;