Kaltura automatically creates machine transcriptions for your video items. Machine transcription converts your audio to text, but these transcriptions need to be edited in order for them to be considered “Closed Captions”. You can access and edit the captions by choosing the + Captions Request option in the video’s actions menu. All machine transcriptions have a turnaround time of approximately 5x media length.
We recommend using an up-to-date version of Chrome or Firefox for editing captions.
To edit a caption:
- On your My Media page, click on the item you want to edit.
- On the item’s page, choose the + Captions Request option from the Actions menu.
- When the captions table appears, click Refresh list: CLICK HERE to see all Caption Requests for this media.
- Click Edit in the right-most column to edit the desired captions.
- A new window will open. Click the caption you wish to edit in the navigation bar on the left and make edits to the caption in the text field in the centre of the page. Click Save when you have finished editing the caption.
- When you are finished editing all of your captions, click Approve.
Please watch this video for more instructions: