MediaSpace includes a basic video editor that allows you to trim and clip your videos.
Note: It is always a good idea to use the “Save a Copy” button when editing your videos so that you keep your original version as a backup. Any changes you make and save by clicking on the “Save” button are permanent and replace your original video.
Launch the video editor
- To launch the video editor, click on the your video on your My Media page. Then, open the Actions drop-down menu and click on Launch Editor. Alternatively, click on the Edit icon on the right-hand side of your video on your My Media page, and then click on the Launch Editor button.
- The editor will open in a new page.
Video editor functions
- Time line – drag the ends to trim your media to a desired length.
- Handlebar – drag the handlebar to a desired time in the video; then, use the split icon to divide your video into sections OR the the set-in/set-out icons to trim your video to the desired time.
- Delete and fade – drag the handlebar to a drag the handlebar to a desired time in the video; then, use the delete icon to delete the selected portion of the video OR the fade icon to fade-in/fade-out the beginning/end of the selected portion.
- Reset icon – click this icon to reset your video to its original version and click the undo/redo icons to go back one step.
- Audio – click on the audio icon to select an audio track in your video; the audio will now show in the timeline.
- Zoom – use the zoom function to expand and shrink the timeline (time wise).