When new content is added to MediaSpace, the download functionality is disabled by default. If you manually enable the download feature for your media, you can then download it to your device. If you want your audience to download the video, you will need to copy and share the download link for that media.
NOTE: Recently created or uploaded content is not available for downloading until Kaltura finishes processing the file. The amount of processing time needed depends on the size of the content; very large files may take up to an hour (or longer) to process.
- On your My Media page, locate the item you want to make downloadable and click the Edit pencil icon.
NOTE: Alternatively, you can choose the Edit function from the Actions menu on your media item’s page.
- Click on the Downloads tab.
- Select your desired download format(s).
- Click Save.
NOTE: The download needs to be created by the server. The amount of processing time needed depends on the size of the content; very large files may take up to an hour (or longer) to process.
- On the media item’s page, click on the download tab.
- Under the Actions column, click on the download icon to download the media to your device.
NOTE: If the download link doesn’t appear, the video might still be processing (the turnaround time is approximately 5x the media length).
Sharing the download link for your media
If you want your audience to download and save the media, you will need to share its download link manually. Under the Actions column, right-click the download link and copy the link address (URL).