The TechSmith Fuse app allows existing TechSmith Relay users to upload videos right to their TechSmith Relay server from your iOS, Android or Windows devices.
You’ll use TechSmith Fuse to…
- Record a short video message for students when you learn cool things at conferences.
- Create a quick how-to video to help your students get “un-stuck.”
- Make a real-life learning enrichment video anytime
- a great teaching opportunity presents itself – and share it quickly.
- Upload any existing videos on your device to your TechSmith Relay server
Download and Configure
1. Download TechSmith Fuse from the, , or the .
2. Start the app
3. Login Part 1 – Tap Connect to TechSmith Relay and scan the QR code below.
You can also enter the server address manually as imsvid01.carleton.ca
Before it may be used, the TechSmith Fuse App needs to be configured to communicate with the Camtasia Relay server at Carleton University. To set this up follow these steps:
- Tap the TechSmith Fuse icon on your device
- Tap the Library icon.
- Tap the Settings icon
- Tap the TechSmith Relay Account option
- Tap Add New Account and then Manually Connect.
- In the Enter Server URL field insert the address of the Camtasia Relay server: imsvid01.carleton.ca and click Connect.
- On the next screen insert your Carleton University computing username and password and tap Sign In.
- Decide if you want Enable Cellular Uploads set to OFF or on. Off will ensure that recordings are only uploaded over Wi-Fi and not uploaded over the mobile data network (where they could cause you to breach your data allowance and incur charges).
Record and Submit
1. Start the TechSmith Fuse app on your mobile device.
2. Record a video now or upload a previously recorded video.
Click Video to create a new recording and click Library to upload a previous video and click.
3. If recording a video click Done when finished recording.
4. To go to your recoding tap the thumbnail to the right of the recording.
5. If you missed the thumbnail or are submitting a previous recording then you may return to the apps Library and select the relevant recording.
6. Choose to submit the recording to TechSmith Relay.
7. Input a Title and a Description for the recording in the relevant boxes.
8. Tap Send to finish submitting the video.
9. Once you have submitted your recording your video will be posted online and you will automatically receive an email (in your Carleton email account) with a link to where you can view your video.
iPhone Fuse issue January 2018
The Capture server is having issues processing HD videos from Fuse submissions. This seems to only involve iPhone users.
We have a support ticket open with the vendor to fix the issue and are hoping to resolve this by March.
Here is a link to a short video that you describes how to get around this bug. This will require re recording your submission in a lower quality.
Another option is to install the Techsmith Relay recorder on your laptop or desktop computer and transfer the iPhone recordings to your computer. The Techsmith Relay recorder application can then be used to upload existing media.