- How to Trim a Presentation
- How to Upload Existing Media
- Using the Portable Recorder
- Captioning Videos and Audio Search
- Tested Microphones and Cameras
- Using TechSmith Fuse with TechSmith Relay
- Editing Videos
- Record When Not Online
- How to Download a Copy of the Video to Your Computer
- How to Select an Audio Device
- How to Set Hotkeys
With TechSmith Relay Recorder, you can edit your presentation to remove extra video at the beginning or end. Trim your presentation to remove any extra audio and video you do not want in your published presentation.
To trim a presentation:
1. After you finish recording, click Trimming to access the trimming tools.
2. Move the playhead to the location you want to set as the beginning of the presentation and click the Set presentation start button.
3. Move the playhead to the location you want to set as the end of the presentation and click the Set presentation end button.
4. Finish the trimming by clicking the submit button and the red area of the timeline will be cut from the presentation.
Note that once you submit or save the recording, you permanently lose this part of the recording.
To Remove Trim Points (cancel trimming) click Cancel trim (the red X button.) This removes the trim points and closes the trimming tools.
If you have existing media files that you want to share to TechSmith Relay, you can do that using the Upload Media function.
The following video file types are supported for upload: MOV, MP4
To upload media:
1. Log in to the TechSmith Relay Recorder and select Upload.
2. Click the Add Media button and select your files for upload.
To upload more than one at a time, hold down the Control button and select multiple files. With your files selected, click Open. Your files will be added to the upload list.
3. Edit the titles and descriptions of your media files if you wish, then click Upload All to share the entire list to TechSmith Relay.
To share a single file from the list, click the Upload icon to the right of the file information.
To remove an item from the list, click on the X to the far right of the file information.
You do not have to be connected to the Internet to record your presentation. If you are not connected to the TechSmith Relay server, the status icon in the recorder has a red X.
If you have previously logged in to TechSmith Relay, you can still log in if you are offline. You can also still access your profiles once you log in.
- Record your presentation as normal.
- Click the Submit button when finished.
- The presentation is submitted for uploading. Because you are not connected to the Internet, the presentation is placed in queue for upload. The presentation starts to upload automatically when the computer next connects to the Internet.
- Presentations only upload when you are connected to the server. After you click Submit, you do not see any information when your presentation is uploading. If you’d like to check the status of your presentation, log in to the TechSmith Relay website.
- You will receive email notification and a link to your video when the presentation is published.
These are steps to download a copy of your recording to your computer for your archive. This link is not meant to be shared with students.
- Go to your online video archive by clicking here.
- Login with you account
- Click on the name of the recording that you wish to download. The information for that recording will be displayed on the right of the screen.
- In the second last row, to the right of where it says “MP4 (Up to 1080p) – Downloadable Backup – Available for 1 Semester – Edgecast”, right-click on the “(View…)” link and choose “Save Link As” or “Save Target As” and choose where you would like to save the file to your computer.