Help or Consultation
Help is provided by Instructional Media Services
Feedback and Suggestions
Together, we can build a system that works for us. We welcome your feedback and suggestions so that we can continually develop and improve this service for you. Send us an email email@example.com and let us know what you think.
The recording or presenter computer stores the recordings on the local hard drive before transmitting these files to the server. If you need to access these files, you can find them at the following locations.
– %LOCALAPPDATA%\TechSmith\TechSmith Recorder\Recordings
Please note that %LOCALAPPDATA% is referring to your C drive (or where ever your application folder is) and then your user name.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
– %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\TechSmith\Relay\
– %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\TechSmith\Relay\
OSX Tiger and Leopard:
Techsmith Relay Support source information: https://support.techsmith.com/hc/en-us/articles/203727748-TechSmith-Relay-Recording-directory-location-for-client-computers-awaiting-publishing-by-the-server
Additional Information: If Relay Recorder is unable to communicate with the Relay Server, the recording files will remain on the local system until the connection with the Relay Server is reestablished. During this time, if Deep Freeze is used (or a similar technology), local recording data may be lost. Please add the following directories to exemption list to avoid this problem.
Flash Player Related
1. Update Flash Player on your computer/browser
- Go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
- Click the “Download the Adobe® Flash® Player system plug-in “
2. Disable Flash Player
Disabling Flash in your browser ensures that the HTML5 version of the player will load instead.
- In chrome open a new tab or window
- Enter “chrome://plugins/“ into the address bar
- Locate the “Adobe Flash Player” and click “Disable”
- go to firefox/tools > addons > plugins and
- set shockwave flash to ask to activate. Then the plugin will stay disabled per default but can be activated on a per-site basis
Mixed Content Warnings
On-time fix: Click on the shield icon at the left of the url bar.
Permanent fix: Go to about:config – In addition to changing ‘security.mixed_content.block_display_content’ to true, you also need to change ‘security.mixed_content.block_active_content’ to false in order to view videos without issue.
Click on the shield icon in the URL bar, then click the “load unsafe script” button.