Professional Development Participant – Co-curricular Record Position
The Professional Development Participant demonstrates your participation in a variety of Career Services events and services that help build your employability and professionalism. Participants engage in opportunities to build their professional networking skills, written and verbal communication skills, as well as, knowledge of key industries.
To place your Career Services activity on your Co-curricular Record (CCR), obtain 8 Professional Development Points (PD Points) throughout the 2017-2018 academic year!
Get points by attending events and workshops such as:
- Net Nights (2 points)
- Career workshops (2 points per one-hour of workshop)
- One-on-one career assistance (2 points)
- Career development programs such as the Job Shadow Program (4 points)
View our calendar in mySuccess (Carleton Central) for more ideas!
Participate in what Career Services offers students:
- Drop-in resume and cover letter service at Career Services (2 points)
- Find out your personality style by completing the TypeFocus online and meet with a Career Counsellor to discuss your results (2 points)
- Attend workshops (2 points per one-hour of workshop)
- Complete a drop-in interview prep or career exploration session at Career Services (2 points)
- Conduct a mock-interview session with a career professional (2 points)
- Attend industry networking events such as Net Night (2 points)
- Participate in the Job Shadow Program (4 points)
What could 8 PD points look like?
You can obtain PD points by mixing and matching a series of unique Career Services activities during the 2017-2018 academic year.
Here is an example:
- Participate in a I Want a Job in Canada – Where do I start? session on Sept. 26, 2017 (2 points)
- Attend the Career Workshop – Know Yourself to Target Your Future Career! on Nov. 6, 2017 (4 points)
- Conduct a mock interview session with a career professional on February 13, 2018 (2 points)
Where can I find out more about Career Services events?
- View our workshop and events calendar in mySuccess (Carleton Central)
- Stop in to Career Services at 401 Tory Building
- Call us at (613) 520-6611
- Follow us @hirecarleton_u
- Visit carleton.ca/career
I completed another activity that’s related to professional development. Can I obtain PD points for this?
Maybe! Feel free to get in touch with us and ask!
How can I track my activity?
Let’s work together on this – we MUST have evidence of your presence at each activity.
We strongly recommend that you:
- track your points by keeping a list of the events you’ve attended,
- confirm with a Career Services staff member that you have checked in and your attendance has been recorded,
- check in with us throughout the year to confirm that your presence has been properly tracked in our system.
I have a question about my PD points – who can I speak with?
For enquiries about the Career Services PD points or PD Participant CCR activity:
- Visit Career Services at 401 Tory Building
- Call us at 613 520 6611
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
For general CCR questions, email email@example.com or enquire at the SEO. Visit the CCR website at https://carleton.ca/seo/ccr/