Professional Development Participant
The Professional Development Participant demonstrates your participation in a variety of Career Services events and services that help build your employability and professionalism. Participants engage in opportunities to build their professional networking skills, written and verbal communication skills, as well as, knowledge of key industries.
To place your Career Services activity on your CCR, obtain 8 Professional Development Points (PD Points) throughout the 2017-2018 academic year!
Get points by attending events and workshops such as:
- Net Night (2 points)
- Career Services Job Fairs (2 points)
- Career Workshops (2 points per one-hour of workshop)
- Career on Campus Pop-Up Events (2 points)
Participate in what Career Services offers students:
- Drop-in resume and cover letter service at Career Services (2 points)
- Find out your personality style by completing the TypeFocus online and meet with a Career Counsellor to discuss your results (2 points)
- Complete an interview prep or mock interview appointment at Career Services (2 points)
- Visit at Career on Campus Pop Up event (2 points)
- Attend Employer Recruitment Events (2 points)
- Attend community and industry events (2 points)
- Participate in the Job Shadow Program (4 points)
What could 8 PD points look like?
You can obtain PD points by mixing and matching a series of unique Career Services activities during the 2017-2018 academic year.
Here is an example:
- Deloitte Consulting Recruiting Information Session on Sept. 12, 2017 (2 points)
- Visit the Career Pop Up Event – Prepare for the Fair! on Sept. 18, 2017 (2 points)
- Participate in the Career Workshop – Know Yourself to Target Your Future Career! on Nov. 6, 2017 (2 points)
- Visit Career Services for a drop-in resume review on Feb. 16, 2018 (2 points)
Where can I find out more about Career Services events?
- View our workshop and events calendar in mySuccess (Carleton Central)
- Stop in to Career Services at 401 Tory Building
- Call us at (613) 520-6611
- Follow us @hirecarleton_u
- Visit carleton.ca/career
I completed another activity that’s related to professional development. Can I obtain PD points for this?
Maybe! Feel free to get in touch with us and ask!
How can I track my activity?
Let’s work together on this – we MUST have evidence of your presence at each activity.
We strongly recommend that you:
- track your points by keeping a list of the events you’ve attended,
- confirm with a Career Services staff member that you have checked in and your attendance has been recorded,
- check in with us throughout the year to confirm that your presence has been properly tracked in our system.
I have a question about my PD points – who can I speak with?
For enquiries about the Career Services PD points or PD Participant CCR activity:
- Visit Career Services at 401 Tory Building
- Call us at 613 520 6611
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
For general CCR questions, email email@example.com or enquire at the SEO. Visit the CCR website at https://carleton.ca/seo/ccr/