Adjunct Research Professor
|Degrees:||B.A.Sc. (University of Science and Technology of Oran, Algeria), M.A.Sc. (University of Ottawa), Ph.D. (Carleton University)|
|Phone:||+1 (613) 993-7229|
CIVE5614WR Design for Fire Resistance (also taught as CIVE5709)
Dr. Noureddine Bénichou is a recognized expert in the areas of performance of structures in fire, fire resistance modeling and experimentation, fire risk analysis, performance based design, and analysis of steel structures.
- 1996 – present Senior Research Officer, Fire Research Program, Institute for Research in Construction, National Research Council Canada.
- 2006 – present Adjunct Research Professor in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Carleton University.
Honours and Awards
- 2004 – present International Convenor of ISO/ TC92/SC4 “Structures in fire”
- 2010 NRC Outstanding Research Award
- 2009 NRC-IRC Outstanding Achievement Award
- 2009 NRC-IRC External Partnership Award
- 2000 George Seaden Award for Innovative Solutions