Manfred N. Partl
Adjunct Research Professor
|Degrees:||Dr Sc. techn. Dipl. Bauing. ETH|
|Phone:||+41 62 871 04 02|
|Website:||Professor Partl's KTH profile|
*Retired head of former Empa Laboratory, road engineering/sealing components, since 2018.
Time and temperature dependent mechanical behavior of bituminous binders and mixes, including aging and deterioration mechanisms. Interlayer bond in asphalt pavements. Accelerated pavement testing and assessment of LTPP, including in situ monitoring. Modelling, e.g. with DEM. Asphaltic plug joints.
For a list of journal publications, visit the DORA Empa.
Honours and Awards
- 2017 Rilem honorary member
- 2017 EATA award of Recognition for his many outstanding contributions to research and service in our profession
- 2017 ISAP Board of Director Award of Recognition for Outstanding Contribution in the field of Asphalt Pavement technologies
- 2010 Medal of University of Parma
- 2008 Associate Professor, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm
- 2007 AAPT Award of Recognition
- 2004 Best Paper Award 2003 recognition Int. Journal of Road Materials and Pavement Design
- 2003 RILEM Fellowship
- 2002 SIIV Honorary member of Societa Italiana Infrastrutture Viarie