Adjunct Research Professor
|Degrees:||PhD (Carleton), MENG (Zhejiang), BENG (Sichuan)|
- Unsaturated poromaterials: hydro-mechanical coupling and constitutive modelling
- Integration analysis of real big field data
- Slope stability: failure mechanism and analysis method
- Large strain consolidation of unsaturated poromaterials: theorems, computations, numerical implementation. Develop numerical program UNSATCON for
- modelling thixotropic behavior of consolidating tailings subjected to large strain
- modelling large strain consolidation of soft soils subjected to desaturation
Sichuan Provincial International Science and Technology Collaboration & Innovation Project（2020YFH0092）: The stability analysis of tailings dam/impoundment based on consolidation behavior of unsaturated tailings and its failure mechanism. Collaborative project with Prof. Paul H. Simms.
- Shunchao Qi, Xuanquan Chen, Paul Simms, Jiawen Zhou, Xingguo Yang (2020). Determination of permeability under coupled sedimentation-large strain consolidation conditions. Computers and Geotechnics. Published online.
- Shunchao Qi, Sai K. Vanapalli, Xingguo Yang, Jia-wen Zhou, Gongda Lu. “Stability analysis of an unsaturated expansive soil slope subjected to rainfall infiltration.” Geomechanics and Engineering, An International Journal. (2019).19(1):1-9. DOI: https://doi.org/10.12989/gae.2019.19.1.001
- Shunchao Qi, Paul Simms. ” Robust methods to estimate large strain consolidation parameters from column experiments.” Canadian Geotechnical Journal (2020): Volume: 57 Issue: 5 Pages: 683-705 Published: MAY 2020.
- Shunchao Qi, Paul Simms, Farzad Daliri, and Sai Vanapalli. “Coupling elasto-plastic behaviour of unsaturated soils with piecewise linear large strain consolidation.” Géotechnique (2020):70(6) 518-537. JUN 2020.
- Shunchao QI, Sai K. Vanapalli. (2018) Simulating Hydraulic and Mechanical Responses of Unsaturated Expansive Soil Slope to Rainfall: Case Study. International Journal of Geomechanics. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)GM.1943-5622.0001106
- Shunchao QI, Paul Simms, Sai Vanapalli, (2018) Discussion of “From saturated to unsaturated conditions and vice versa” by Martí Lloret-Cabot, Simon J. Wheeler, Jubert A. Pineda, Enrique Romero, and Daichao Sheng (https://doi. org/10.1007/s11440-017-0577-6). Acta Geotechnica, 1-3.
- Shunchao QI, Paul Simms, Sai K. Vanapalli. (2017). Piecewise-linear formulation of coupled large-strain consolidation and unsaturated flow. I: Model development and implementation. Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, 143(7), 04017018.
- Shunchao QI, Paul Simms, Sai Vanapalli, and Sahar Soleimani. (2017). Piecewise-linear formulation of coupled large-strain consolidation and unsaturated flow. II: testing and performance. Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, 143(7), 04017019.
- Shunchao QI, Sai K. Vanapalli. Influence of swelling behavior on the stability of an infinite unsaturated expansive soil slope, Computers and Geotechnics, 2016. 76: 154-169. DOI: 10.1016/j.compgeo.2016.02.018
- Shunchao QI, Sai K. Vanapalli. Hydro-mechanical coupling effect on surficial layer stability of unsaturated expansive soil slopes, Computers and Geotechnics, 2015, 70: 68-82. DOI: 1016/j.compgeo.2015.07.006.
- Shunchao QI, Sai K. Vanapalli. Stability analysis of an expansive clay slope: a case study of infiltration-induced shallow failure of an embankment in Regina, Canada. International Journal of Geohazards and Environment, 2015, 1(1):7-19. DOI: 15273/ijge.2015.01.003.