The International Research Seed Grants are designed to enable researchers to create new international research partnerships. The purpose is to provide seed funding that will encourage the development of innovative, globally-focused research initiatives and lay the foundation for long-term international partnerships. Awards will support the development of new global academic research linkages leading to international collaborative funding proposals and projects.
- All full-time faculty of professorial rank (Assistant, Associate, Full).
- Applications from Adjunct Research Professors will be considered in exceptional cases.
- Each application should describe a single project; applications that include more than one project will be returned.
- Maximum amount: Up to 5 projects will be funded at CAD$10,000/project
- Project duration: A maximum of 12 months
- Eligible expenses include travel costs for Carleton and/or international partner institutional personnel, including research, meetings, and communications costs or other costs associated with partnership development; expenses associated with the development of funding proposals in collaboration with the international partner(s).
- Ineligible expenses include ongoing operations, capital equipment, administration of personnel costs of existing projects or initiatives; costs for initiatives that have alternative sources of funding; teaching releases; and expenses (such as travel and administration) on behalf of other Canadian universities.
- Applications to fund existing projects with established international partners are ineligible
|CURO Internal Deadline for Review||February 28, 2018|
Submitting Your Application
- Applications must be submitted via cuResearch, through which Departmental and Associate Dean’s approval must be provided to complete the online application process.
- More information on cuResearch can be found here.
If you would like assistance with proposal development and/or a substantive review of your proposal, please contact Gabriela Moreno.