Mitacs and the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) have partnered to offer the RISE-Globalink Research Internship (RISE-GRI), which offers undergraduate students at Canadian universities the opportunity to undertake summer research internships at eligible German institutions.
RISE-GRI pairs Canadian students with three-month projects supervised by PhD students in Germany.
- Open to full-time undergraduates in biology, chemistry, computer science, physics, earth sciences, or engineering (or a closely related field) who have completed at least two years of a four- or five-year program
- Competitive opportunity — only top-ranked students are matched with projects
- Projects must start between May 15 and July 9, 2020
Approved recipients receive $6,000 toward travel and accommodations.
|Internal Review||Please contact Sylvie Jasen|
|cuResearch Approval Form||December 7, 2019|
|Submission to Sponsor||December 15, 2019|
Submitting Your Application
- Step 1) Submit an internal Carleton Approval Form
Submit an internal Approval Form through our central awards management database CUResearch:
For a user’s guide on submitting an Approval Form, click here.
- Step 2) Submit an external application to the granting agency
Students must apply through the RISE application portal.
If you would like assistance with proposal development and/or a substantive review of your proposal, please contact Sylvie Jasen.
For questions about the application procedure, matching process, and internship placement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For any questions regarding the funding, please contact Mitacs International at email@example.com.