Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute is pleased to announce a call for Applications for Shastri Institutional Collaborative Research Grant (SICRG) from the faculty members/academics of all disciplines from SICI’s Canadian and Indian Member Institution. This grant is to support and encourage Institutional collaboration in R&D for a period of two years in the areas in which Institutions from SICI’s Indian and Canadian Member Council can benefit. This grant intends to fill information gaps for policy makers and others influencing the policy-making process.
In general applications from all domains of studies like Social Sciences and Humanities, Arts, Commerce & Management and STEM subjects are accepted. However, applications are encouraged in the focus areas of SICI and priority areas of MHRD, Govt. of India i.e. Food Security and Sustainable Development, Water Resource Management, Gender, Bi-lateral Trade and Investment, Energy and Environmental Sciences, Securing Future of Children and Youth, Higher Education, Agricultural Science & Technology, Teacher Education and Training, Health Sciences, Nursing, Marine Sciences and Ocean Studies is invited under this programme. The Institute in its broader ambit also includes vocational education as specified in the Xth Addendum of the MoU. Please note that for purposes of all SICI granting programs, ‘research’ shall be deemed to include creative activity conducted within the structures and programs of a member institution.
- Proposed SICRG projects must involve a bi-national research initiative in any of the fields mentioned above.
- Faculty members/academics/researchers of Canadian and Indian member institutions are eligible to apply for this grant. A list of SICI member institutions is available at the link provided here: https://www.shastriinstitute.org/member-council .
- The applicant and co-applicant should be a full-time faculty member of a Canadian or Indian member institution.
- The receipt of the award is a faculty from an Institution of good standing either from India or Canada who are in the Member Council of SICI.
- Applicant must involve young faculty/research scholars/students in the proposed project.
INR 10,00,000 (disbursement of grant will be in two equal installment of 5 lakh each year).
If you would like assistance with proposal development and/or a substantive review of your proposal, please contact Sylvie Jasen
|Faculty Deadline||Please contact Sylvie Jasen|
|CORIS Deadline (Approval Form and Application)||December 10, 2019|
|Submission to Sponsor||December 17, 2019|
Submitting Your Application
- Step 1) Submit an internal Carleton Approval Form
Submit an internal Approval Form through our central awards management database CUResearch:
For a user’s guide on submitting an Approval Form, click here.
- Step 2) Submit an external application to the granting agency
Submit an external application to the corresponding grant or award agency. For further details about funding categories, eligibility criteria and deadlines for this opportunity, click here.