A new and exciting opportunity for UKRI and Canadian doctoral students to participate in a UK-Canada research exchange scheme. Supported by UKRI and Mitacs, up to 200 UK doctoral candidates will have the opportunity to develop into global citizens, with international competencies, during 12-week research placements in Canadian universities; a similar number of Canadian students will visit UK universities.
UKRI has partnered with Mitacs, a national, not-for-profit organization that has designed and delivered research and training programs in Canada for 20 years, to deliver the £2.5 million programme.
Now open for applications, until 12 December 2019, the UK-Canada Globalink Doctoral Exchange Scheme will support travel, living and research costs for the students in their chosen field of study.
- This scheme is only open to doctoral students funded by the Research Councils of UKRI and applicants must state on their application form which Research Council(s) issued the training grant from which they are supported. Applicants should contact the training grant administrator with any queries relating to their funding status.
- All placements must start before the end of a student’s funded period of study and must be completed by 31stMarch 2021.
- Cannot undertake a research project at an institution in Canada where they have previously completed a degree
- Must meet travel requirements for their intended Canadian destination, including visa and/or immigration requirements and associated documentation
Placements are financially supported by UKRI and Mitacs. Doctoral stipend and fees should continue to be paid by the research organisation throughout the three month internship period. Students can also claim for eligible travel and accommodation costs incurred during the placement.
|Internal Review||Please contact Sylvie Jasen|
|cuResearch Approval Form||December 5, 2019|
|Submission to Sponsor||December 12, 2019|
Submitting Your Application
- Step 1) Submit an internal Carleton Approval Form
Submit an internal Approval Form through our central awards management database CUResearch:
For a user’s guide on submitting an Approval Form, click here.
- Step 2) Submit an external application to the granting agency
Submit an external application to the corresponding grant or award agency. For further details about funding categories, eligibility criteria and deadlines for this opportunity, click here.
- For further details about the application process, funding categories, eligibility criteria and deadlines, click here.
- To log-in to CUResearch and begin the application process, click here.
If you would like assistance with proposal development and/or a substantive review of your proposal, please contact Sylvie Jasen