The Canada-ASEAN Scholarships and Educational Exchanges for Development (SEED) program provides students, from member states of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), with short-term opportunities for research visits at the undergraduate or graduate levels.
Scholarships and educational exchanges will contribute towards all Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), including Goal 5 (Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls) through, for example, women’s studies, political science, anthropology, and economics; and Goal 13 (Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts) through, for example, environmental sciences/policy examining climate change mitigation and adaptation, energy, peatlands and other land use effects and strategies, and forestry.
For more details on eligibility and application requirements, please visit the program description at EduCanada: Canada-ASEAN SEED 2021-22
Candidates must be citizens of an ASEAN member state (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos (Lao People’s Democratic Republic (Lao PDR)), Malaysia, Myanmar, The Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, or Vietnam).
- who have obtained Canadian citizenship or who have applied for permanent residency in Canada are not eligible;
- already enrolled in a degree or diploma program at a Canadian university or college are not eligible;
- must be enrolled full-time at a post-secondary institution in an eligible country and paying any tuition fees regulated by that institution at the time of application and for the full duration of the exchange;
- must choose a field of study or research that is aligned with, and contributes to, the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development; and
Value and Duration
The scholarship value varies depending on the duration and level of study. The scholarship value for students is:
- CAD 10,200 for undergraduate or graduate students (Master’s and PhD) for a minimum of four months or one academic term of research;
- CAD 12,700 for graduate students (Master’s and PhD) for a period of five to six months of research; or
- CAD 15,900 for undergraduate students for a period of eight months or two academic terms of research.
|Expression of interest||Contact Sylvie Jasen as soon as possible|
|Submitting all materials to Carleton International||February 25, 2021|
|Carleton submitting materials to Global Affairs Canada||March 4, 2021|
Submitting Your Application
Interested students should contact Sylvie Jasen at Carleton International for a form to complete and list of supplementary materials. The completed form and supporting documents must be returned to Sylvie Jasen by the date indicated above. Please note, applicants must have secured a Carleton faculty member as to host the research visit and supervise the project prior to applying.
International Projects Coordinator