Study in Canada Scholarships facilitate short-term research visits to Carleton University for undergraduate and graduate students from the following eligible countries/territories: Algeria, Bangladesh, Burkina Faso, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Kenya, Libya, Morocco, Nepal, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Taiwan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, and Ukraine.
Applications are submitted to Global Affairs Canada by Carleton University.
For more details on eligibility and application requirements, please visit the program description at EduCanada: Study in Canada Scholarships 2021-22
- must be citizens of and enrolled as a full-time student at a post-secondary institution in an eligible country/territory and paying any tuition fees required by that institution at the time of application and for the full duration of the exchange;
- who hold Canadian citizenship or permanent residency, or who have a pending application for permanent residency in Canada are not eligible;
- already participating in an exchange scholarship program funded by the Government of Canada are not eligible;
- already enrolled in a program at a Canadian post-secondary institution are not eligible.
Value and Duration
The scholarship value varies depending on the duration and level of study. The scholarship value for students is:
- CAD 10,200 for undergraduate or graduate students (Master’s and PhD) for a minimum of four months or one academic term of research; or
- CAD 12,700 for graduate students (Master’s and PhD) for a period of five to six months of research
|Expression of interest||Contact Sylvie Jasen as soon as possible|
|Submitting all materials to Carleton International||TBD|
|Carleton submitting materials to Global Affairs Canada||TBD|
The program will open in January 2021. Deadlines for submission will be posted when the program opens.
Submitting Your Application
Interested students should contact Sylvie Jasen at Carleton International for a form to complete and list of supplementary materials. The completed form and supporting documents must be returned to Sylvie Jasen by the date indicated above. Please note, applicants must have secured a Carleton faculty member as to host the research visit and supervise the project prior to applying.
International Projects Coordinator