The Emerging Leaders in the Americas Program (ELAP) scholarships provide students from post-secondary institutions located in Latin America and the Caribbean with short-term exchange opportunities for study or research in Canadian post-secondary institutions, at the college, undergraduate and graduate levels.
For more details on eligibility and application requirements, please visit the program description at EduCanada: Emerging Leaders in the Americas Program (ELAP) 2021-22
Candidates must be citizens of one of the following eligible countries/territories: Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Bolivia, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos, Uruguay, and Venezuela.
- who have obtained Canadian citizenship or who have applied for permanent residency in Canada are not eligible;
- already enrolled in a degree or diploma program at a Canadian university or college are not eligible;
- must be enrolled full-time at a post-secondary institution in an eligible country and paying any tuition fees regulated by that institution at the time of application and for the full duration of the exchange
Value and Duration
The scholarship value varies depending on the duration and level of study. The scholarship value for students is:
- CAD 7,200 for college, undergraduate or graduate students (Master’s and PhD) for a minimum of four months or one academic term of study or research; or
- CAD 9,700 for graduate students (Master’s and PhD) for a period of five to six months of study or research.
|Expression of interest||Contact Sylvie Jasen as soon as possible|
|Submitting all materials to Carleton International||March 23, 2021|
|Carleton submitting materials to Global Affairs Canada||March 30, 2021|
Submitting Your Application
Interested students should contact Sylvie Jasen at Carleton International for a form to complete and list of supplementary materials. The completed form and supporting documents must be returned to Sylvie Jasen by the date indicated above. Please note, applicants must have secured a Carleton faculty member as to host the research visit and supervise the project prior to applying.
International Projects Coordinator