November 9, 10 and 11, 2020
St. Kitts Marriott Resort
Basseterre, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Caribbean
Carleton University in partnership with the University of Delhi, Khalsa College Amritsar (India), NPTC Group of Colleges (UK), and the High Commissioner of St Kitts and Nevis to Canada are hosting the Transformational Teaching as Leadership Conference on November 8, 9 and 10, 2020 in Basseterre, Saint Kitts and Nevis. This conference brings together Commonwealth education researchers, practitioners, and higher education leaders from Canada, India, the United Kingdom and St. Kitts and Nevis to discuss best practices for teaching and leadership in an era of massive transformation of higher education.
The conference will explore teaching advancements in a changing higher education world, incorporating technology into the classroom, and the importance of equipping students with new skills, aptitudes and competencies to deal with a changing world. Presentations will focus on innovation, teaching partnerships, and interdisciplinary approaches.
Conference themes include:
- Teaching for Local Contexts with a Global Taste
- Transforming Teaching: Inclusive Leadership Approaches
- Assessing Teaching Impacts for a Data-Hungry World
- The Impacts of New Technologies: E-Content, E-Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Virtual Labs, Social Media
- Aligning Teaching and Learning Needs
- The Changing Nature of Students Expectations: Competency-Based Learning and Tools for Better Teaching
For more information
1-613-520-2600, extension 2628.
Open until Friday, October 2, 2020