Before you apply for co-op, there are a few details you should know and can explore below:

New Undergraduate Applicants

Undergraduates can apply to co-op from high school or in first year. High school students can select the co-op option during their application to Carleton University through OUAC. Check to see if your program offers a co-op designation in the Undergraduate Programs list. First-year Carleton students can fill out an application online through this website. All high school and first year applicants will be reviewed and evaluated at the end of first year to ensure that they meet their program’s requirements for undergraduate co-op.

New Graduate Applicants

Graduate student co-op applications can be submitted online.

Check the Graduate Program list to ensure your program offers a co-op designation. Audit reviews take place in early September for January work terms, in early January for May work terms and in early May for September work terms to determine eligibility for co-op participation.

Students will be contacted through their connect email account of an admission decision shortly after the audit review. If admitted to co-op, this email will contain information on how to proceed with a first co-op work term.

Additionally, students will receive information about participation in the Co-op Work Term Preparation Workshop. Graduate students are not required to register for COOP1000.