The Common Foundations are five essential practices for effective impact measurement. They are:
- Plan your intended change
- Use performance measures
- Collect useful information
- Gauge performance and impact
- Report on results
Building on good work already underway:
- The social purpose community has too many different impact measurement resources. We will focus on using resources to highlight the commonality across them. It will be part of S4Es integrated suite of instruments to advance a common measurement.
- We know that successful standards build on widely adopted practices. By articulating the common process, we are simply defining and celebrating the good work that many social purpose organizations are already doing.
Fill out the feedback survey here to help shape the future direction of the Common Approach.
The Common Foundations of Impact Measurement
The Common Foundations of Impact Measurement Official Document
Les pratiques essentielles de la mesure d’impact
Common Foundations Webinar- PowerPoint Slides
Want to learn more about the Common Foundations?
Our partner, the Social Enterprise Institute (SEI), has developed on-line learning modules for each of the five essential practices of the Common Foundations.
Click HERE to find out more!
Common Foundations Partners