The National Capital Confucius Institute at Carleton University is pleased to announce its fifth China Study Tour, including a 2 week visit to China on May 4-18, 2017 and language and cultural sessions at Carleton University in February and March 2017.
- This tour is open to 20 registered students of Carleton University.
- Students of Mandarin Chinese courses will have priority.
- Native Chinese nationals are not eligible to participate in this program.
- Students must participate HSK (official Chinese language proficiency test) Exam on March 19th, and Chinese language and culture sessions in February and March prior to departure.
- Participants without a Canadian passport may need a visa to the United States as the group may travel via the US.
- Students participating in this program must travel to and from Canada in a group. The itinerary may not be changed to accommodate other international programs in the same region.
- $1750, international travel and accommodation included (details to follow after participants have been selected).
- The Chinese Embassy will charge visa fees separately.
Sample of Activities
- Language classes and cultural sessions at the Confucius Institute at Carleton University prior to and following the China Study Tour.
- Cultural orientation at the Confucius Institute Headquarters in Beijing
- Visits to major cultural attractions, historic sites, and academic institutions in Beijing, Wuhan and Shanghai, including the Great Wall, the Forbidden City in Beijing and the Bund in Shanghai
- Chinese language and cultural courses and HSK Exam at Central China Normal University in Wuhan.
- Site visits to the Beijing Tianzhu Airport Industrial Zone, the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Centres at the Wuhan “Optics Valley”, Beijing Municipal Commission of Tourism Development, and Wuhan Tourism.
The final call for applications closes on Friday, January 27, 2017.
Download your application package here.
Students must submit an application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- subject heading “2017 China Study Tour”
- a cover letter
- a recent transcript
- an updated resume
- a completed application form
- a scanned copy of a valid passport
- Shortlisted students will be invited to an interview before final selections are made for the trip.
613-520-260 ext 2019