Experience 4000 years of civilization in 2 weeks with the China Study Tour. Explore China through historical sites such as the Great Wall and through art and culture focused activities such as calligraphy lessons and Mandarin Chinese classes.
The National Capital Confucius Institute at Carleton University is pleased to announce its fifth China Study Tour, including a visit to China during Fall Break, 2019 and language and cultural sessions at Carleton University in Winter and Fall 2019.
- This tour is open to 20 registered students of Carleton University.
- Students of Mandarin Chinese courses will have priority.
- Native Chinese nationals are not eligible to participate in this program.
- Students must participate HSK (Chinese language proficiency test) Exam, and Chinese language and culture sessions prior to departure.
- Participants without a Canadian passport may need a visa to the United States as the group may travel via the US.
- Students participating in this program must travel to and from Canada in a group. The itinerary may not be changed to accommodate other international programs in the same region.
- $1750, international travel, local accommodation and meals, field visits and Chinese VISA application fee included ( details to follow after participants have been selected).
Sample of Activities
- Language classes and cultural sessions at the Confucius Institute at Carleton University prior to and following the China Study Tour.
- Visits to major heritage cultural attractions including the Great Wall, the Forbidden City in Beijing, Yellow Crane Tower in Wuhan and the Bund in Shanghai
- Chinese language and cultural courses at the Chinese universities
- Field visits to local businesses and culture organizations
The applications will be announced soon.
Download your application package here.
Students must submit an application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- subject heading “2019 China Study Tour”
- a cover letter
- a recent transcript
- an updated resume
- a completed application form
- a scanned copy of a valid passport
- Shortlisted students will be invited to an interview before final selections are made for the trip.
Confucius Institute, 354B St. Patrick’s Building
613-520-2600 ext. 2019