The Global Academy is, together with Carleton International and the full Carleton community, designed to enhance activities that support Carleton’s global engagement. These activities include:
- Developing and delivering professional development programs;
- Facilitating opportunities for student and faculty academic exchanges and global work placements;
- Building strategic global relationships with partner institutions; and
- Fulfilling Carleton’s mandate as Canada’s capital university to address issues of national importance through:
- research collaboration; and
- leadership initiatives for practical problem solving.The main activities of the Global Academy fall into three categories: flagship initiatives, professional development and professional networks.
An Orientation Program for International Students
CampusCanada provides incoming international students with an introduction to Canada and the foundation for academic success at a Canadian university or college. This integrated online and on-campus course program provides an interdisciplinary curriculum focused on understanding Canadian culture and society, adapting to a new environment, and developing skills that lead to academic success;
- Access to customized tools designed to support international students (e.g. academic support, library resources, language training, career guidance);
- Practical how to advice on daily living in Canada (safety, banking, transportation, etc.); and
- Fast friendships built on the program’s extensive networking and social activities.
Most importantly, CampusCanada provides international students with a competitive edge in achieving success with their academic endeavours in Canada by ensuring they are prepared to realize the fullest potential of their university or college experience.