Convocation is a great public occasion when the university celebrates the accomplishments of its graduates. Senate convenes Convocation twice a year – in June and November – to confer degrees on students, recognize honorary degree recipients and award medals and prizes.
Convocation is a commemoration of your life at Carleton University and an opportunity to share this significant milestone with faculty, peers, family and friends.
To be part of the convocation ceremony, you have to make a formal application to graduate. Please visit Carleton Central to apply.
Deadlines for Application
- Spring Graduation – (June) April 1
- Fall Graduation – (November) September 1
- Winter Graduation – (February) December 1
If you miss the deadline, please contact the Registrar’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduate students should contact email@example.com.
- Undergraduate students by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 613-520-3500; and
- Graduate students by email at email@example.com or phone at 613-520-2525.
The next Convocation will be held Saturday, November 9, 2019. Click here for more future dates.