Under this competitive call, $4.5M in funding will be contributed to Research Software Platform development teams to modify and maintain an existing platform in order to meet the needs of at least one new research team. A platform, known internationally as a research gateway, is a software package that supports a large portion of what researchers need to do in their workflow.
The purpose of the call is to:
- Provide researchers with funding to adapt existing software to meet their research needs;
- Reduce software development duplication by promoting the sharing of platforms and reducing new development; and
- Extend platform lifetimes and support a larger base of researchers by providing a maintenance funding model.
- Research teams that would like to adopt an existing platform, including, but not limited to those funded under previous CANARIE Research Software calls;
- Platform contributors that would like to on-board a new research team(s).
You cannot apply if you are a:
- Federal government institution (federal departments, agencies, or Crown corporations, including their research facilities)
- Foreign organizations
Further eligibility requirements can be found here.
The maximum funding available per project is $225K, broken down as follows:
- Up to $100K for software development required to modify an existing platform to meet the needs of multiple research teams and on-board at least one (1) new research team. The maximum funding period will be 12 months.
- Up to $125K of post development platform maintenance and support for the 15 months ending September 30, 2020. Maintenance includes bug fixes, enhancements, new features and changes in response to user feedback.
Full details regarding the CANARIE Research Software Program Competitive Funding)
|CORIS Internal Deadline||Please contact your Research Facilitator|
|cuResearch Checklist||March 5, 2018|
|Submission to Sponsor||March 12, 2018||4 p.m. (EST)|
Submitting Your cuResearch Application
- Applications must be submitted via cuResearch, through which the Departmental Chair and Associate Dean’s approval must be provided to complete the online application process.
- More information on cuResearch can be found here.
If you would like assistance with proposal development and/or a substantive review of your proposal, please contact the appropriate Research Facilitator.