The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program provides funding and support to help scholars build their research network and develop essential skills to become leaders. Global Scholars are researchers within five years of their first academic appointment from anywhere in the world.
The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program is a two-year appointment designed to support young investigators at a pivotal time in their careers. Each scholar will become part of a global network of leading researchers pursuing answers to some of the most difficult challenges facing the world today. They will have the opportunity to be mentored by a senior researcher, to network within a community of top-tier research leaders, and to form new collaborations with colleagues from diverse disciplines. Training in leadership and communication will position scholars as leaders and agents of change within academia and beyond.
Applicants can be from anywhere in the world, but must hold a PhD or equivalent degree and be within five years of their first full-time academic appointment. Scholars’ research must align with the themes of an eligible CIFAR research program. In 2017, the eligible programs are:
- Successful Societies
- Institutions, Organizations & Growth
- Cosmology & Gravity
- Learning in Machines & Brains
- Bio-inspired Solar Energy
- Quantum Materials
- Genetic Networks
- Child & Brain Development
- Humans & the Microbiome
- Molecular Architecture of Life
- Azrieli Program in Brain, Mind & Consciousness
- Maximum amount: $100,000 CAD
- Maximum duration: 2 years
|CURO Internal Deadline for Review||Please contact your Research Facilitator.|
|cuResearch Checklist Deadline||May 16, 2017|
|Full application submission to sponsor||May 23, 2017|
Submitting Your Application
- Applications must be submitted via cuResearch, through which Departmental and Associate Dean’s approval must be provided to complete the online application process.
- More information on cuResearch can be found here.
If you would like assistance with proposal development and/or a substantive review of your proposal, please contact the appropriate Research Facilitator.