The INNOVATE Call for Proposals seeks applications from eligible organizations, companies and institutions (i) to pilot a Non-Traditional Finance (NTF) product/service focused on rapid testing and learning OR (ii) to document through a case study an ongoing or completed initiative related to NTF. The initiatives should demonstrate the potential and/or ability of products, services, or delivery channels that can catalyze and/or foster the adoption of agricultural innovations by women and men smallholder farmers in East Africa, South America and South Asia.
Minimum organizational requirements:
- Legally registered entities with audited financial statements for the last two years and proof of legal registration for a commercial entity/NGO, or proof of legal registration for a research institute AND current financial policy and procedures
- Minimum three years’ experience
Applicants shall propose initiatives for implementation in the target regions/countries:
- East Africa (Burundi, Kenya, Malawi, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda)
- South America (Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru)
- South Asia (Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka)
Applicants shall apply only for one type of grant and clearly identify/demonstrate a matching contribution.
- Successful proposals will be awarded up to $200,000 CAD (pilot award) or up to $50,00 CAD (case study award)
|CORIS Deadline for Internal Review||Please contact your Heloise Emdon|
|cuResearch Checklist Deadline||September 29, 2017|
|Submission to Sponsor||October 6, 2017||11:59 PM ET|
Submitting Your Checklist
- Checklists must be submitted via cuResearch, through which Departmental and Associate Dean’s approval must be provided to complete the online application process.
- More information on cuResearch can be found here.
If you would like assistance with proposal development and/or a substantive review of your proposal, please contact the appropriate Heloise Emdon.