This program enables faculty at Canadian universities to recruit students enrolled in an undergraduate or combined undergraduate and master’s program from select countries (Australia, Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, Mexico, Saudi Arabia and Tunisia) for a research project in the fields of science, engineering, mathematics, humanities or social sciences. Host universities will provide research supervision, email and internet access, laboratory or office space, software or hardware and any safety or orientation information required for the project.
This internship allows top-ranked applicants to participate in a 12-week research internship (from May to September of each year) who are paired with and supervised by Canadian university faculty members in a variety of academic disciplines. It provides no financial compensation to host faculty members.
- Must be a recognized faculty member at any Canadian university from any discipline
- No specified amount
- Internship will oversee:
- Flight and student visa reimbursement
- Medical insurance for the duration of the internship
- Coordination with host institutions’ administrative offices to ensure a smooth arrival and registration process
- Selection of a Globalink Mentor to assist with tasks including picking up students from the airport, escorting them to their residences, introducing them to their supervising professors, organizing social events, and acting as an emergency contact, etc.
- Professional skills workshops
- Industry events, such as meetings with professors, government representatives, and business leaders
- Full details for Globalink Research Internship – Faculty
- Faculty can activate their accounts on the 2018 Globalink faculty portal, where they can view and re-submit previous project submissions and submit new projects.
|CURO Internal Deadline for Review||Please contact Gabriela Moreno|
|Full project submission to sponsor||June 14, 2017||5 p.m. (PT)|
Submitting Your Application
- Applications must be submitted via cuResearch, through which Departmental and Associate Dean’s approval must be provided to complete the online application process.
- More information on cuResearch can be found here.
If you would like assistance with proposal development and/or a substantive review of your proposal, please contact the appropriate Research Facilitator.