One of the aims of the Ontario-Quebec Trade and Cooperation Agreement is to improve the competitive position of the agriculture and agri-processing sectors. Both provinces recognize the mutual benefits of developing common responses to the challenges facing these sectors.
The Ministère de l’Agriculture, des Pêcheries et de l’Alimentation du Québec (MAPAQ) and the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA) have therefore developed a joint research competition on research topics of mutual interest to both provinces.
The competition objectives are as follows:
- develop solutions to agri-food issues shared by Quebec and Ontario
- encourage partnerships between Quebec and Ontario researchers
- enhance graduate student training through internships in the cooperating province
Research Priority Areas
This call for proposals is focused on climate change. Proposals are solicited that will generate new knowledge and/or technologies in the following areas:
- Research to evaluate climate change impact on soil health and develop best practices
- Research to determine climate change impacts on food processing and food safety including development of adaptation and mitigation strategies
- Universities and non-profit, non-governmental applied research centres are eligible to apply
- Each application must be submitted jointly by a research institution based in Ontario and another based in Quebec.
- Up to $240,000 per project (to be shared equally between an Ontario and Quebec Applicant
- projects can be up to three years in length
- OMAFRA website: Application and Complete Guide
Deadlines – LOI
|CORIS Deadline for Internal Review||Please contact your Research Facilitator|
|cuResearch Checklist Deadline||September 13, 2017|
|Submission to Sponsor||September 20, 2017||4:00 PM ET|
Submitting Your Checklist Application
- Checklists must be submitted via cuResearch, through which Departmental and Associate Dean’s approval must be provided to complete the online application process.
- More information on cuResearch can be found here.
If you would like assistance with proposal development and/or a substantive review of your proposal, please contact the appropriate Research Facilitator.