This funding opportunity is aimed at supporting research projects that address any aspect of bioinformatics and computational biology (B/CB) as it relates to genomics (and other high throughput ‘omics technologies) across all of Genome Canada’s sectors, i.e., human health, agriculture, aquaculture/fisheries, forestry, energy, mining and environment.
Proposal Focus Areas:
- Stream 1: proposals mainly impacting the human health sector
- Stream 2: proposals mainly impacting one or more of the other sectors, i.e., agriculture, aquaculture/fisheries, forestry, energy, mining and/or environment
- Total funding available: $12M
- Project size: $500k-$1M per project (total)
- Co-funding: 50% from Genome Canada + 50% from other eligible sources (1:1)
- Award Duration: Up to 3 years
Full details regarding the Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Funding Competition
All interested applicants are encouraged to contact Ontario Genomics before working on completing their application. Submission dates and forms can be found on the B/CB web page.
Deadlines – Two-Step Application Process:
*Dates are subject to change
|CORIS Internal Review||Please contact your Research Facilitator|
|cuResearch Checklist||January 24, 2018|
|Submission to Sponsor||
Submitting Your Application
- Applications must be submitted via cuResearch, through which Departmental and Associate Dean’s approval must be provided to complete the online application process.
- More information on cuResearch can be found here.
If you would like assistance with proposal development and/or a substantive review of your proposal, please contact the appropriate Research Facilitator.